2016 in 16 Songs

Music is so underestimatedly emotive - it can transport you back in time in an instant and make you feel exactly how you felt back when you used to listen to that song on repeat. So when I saw a little while ago that Spotify had automated a playlist entitled "Your Top Songs 2016", I (re)embarked on the emotional rollercoaster that was 2016... Like, woah.

And I thought I may as well share 16 of my favourites(/ the ones that will remain plagued (or blessed...) with the feelings of my 2016 self for ever more). I tried to put them in chronological order as well so you can see the evolution of my music taste throughout the year...

I put these songs in a Spotify playlist here and a youtube playlist here if you want to check them out.

> Plans - Oh Wonder
> Anaesthetic - Thomston
> Neon Brother - Nothing But Thieves
> Fever To The Form - Nick Mulvey
> re:stacks - Bon Iver
> Graveyard Whistling - Nothing But Thieves
> Taxi Cab - Twenty One Pilots
> Scared - Big Sixes
> Hey I Don't Know - KONGOS
> Johnny Boy - Twenty One Pilots
> Drinking Lightning - AWOLNATION
> Someday - Two Door Cinema Club
> Champagne Supernova - Oasis
> Running Up That Hill - Placebo
> Bored To Death - blink-182
> Ten Tonne Skeleton - Royal Blood


What did you listen to this year?