Finding Yourself

When you lose something, or when something big in your life changes, you can end up losing yourself. It's not as hard to do as some of us may like. But you sometimes have to lose yourself to find yourself and the good things can come from the bad things. It's important to remember that whatever it is that's holding you back, YOU CAN GET THROUGH IT.


You have to take some risks in life for it to be worth living.
If you've been around here for a while then you may have seen the post I did in January (How to Stick to your New Year's Resolutions) about the app called Balanced which helps you keep on track of your goals. I have to admit, I stopped using it after a while but a few days ago, I saw it on my phone and it got me thinking about my goals and I realised that I didn't really have any. I'd been too busy frantically searching for something in the dark that I'd forgotten to look for a light. Having something to focus on can help us regain control over our lives and setting goals is a really great place to start. So I stopped. And I thought. What have I done in the past to make myself happy? What have I achieved? And I realised: all the things I've done in my life, everything that's made me really happy, has been as a result of one thing. Taking a Risk.

The best things in life can happen when we take risks; trust me - I've been there. When you take a risk, you open yourself up to endless possibilities, some positive and some negative. it's the positive ones that we live for. It's the positive outcomes that invigorate us - help us find ourselves. If we never took a risk, where would we be?

I may have lost something that drives me but I haven't lost everything. There's always something to hope for and if we can't find anything else, there's hope itself.

Everything will be okay in the end.
If it's not okay, it's not the end.